Urjit R. Patel is the current Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India. He was recently announced as the next Governor of RBI by Government of India. He will take charges on 4th September from Raghuram Rajan. During his tenure of Deputy Governor he was looking monetary policy, economic policy research, statistics and information management, deposit insurance, communication and Right to Information. Urjit Patel was named as the RBI Governor on 20th August 2016. If you want to get the information about उर्जित पटेल wife then you must go here: Urjit Patel RBI Governor Wiki, Biography, Age, Date of Birth, Wife, Info
Urjit Patel New RBI Governor: Important Things You Should Know
Most Interesting facts about Reserve Bank Of India New Governor named Urjit R Patel.
Here are the interesting things everyone wants to know about Urjit Patel the New RBI Governor:
- The new RBI Governor of India Urjit Patel has the impressive educational qualification. He holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from London School of Economics, M. Phil from Oxford University and Ph.D. from Yale University.
- Patel was born in Kenya, studied in UK and US and has worked for IMF desks in US, India, the Bahamas, and Myanmar.
- Urjit Patel was deputed to India in 1996 from IMF to RBI. he advised there about the development of debt market.
- From 1998 to 2001 he was the consultant to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, New Delhi.
- He has worked with Central and State government committees such as Task Force on Direct Taxes, the Ministry of Finance, and the Secretariat for the Prime Minister’s Task Force on Infrastructure during years 2000-2004.
- During the 17 years long career in India, he has impressed people like P V Narasimha Rao, Dr. Manmohan Singh, P Chidambaram, Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitley and Raghuram Rajan.
- In 2013 he Joined as the Deputy Governor of RBI. Since then he is working with Raghuram Rajan.
- On 20th August 2016, Indian Government announced his the next RBI Governor. He will join the post on 4th September when Raghuram Rajan retires from his duties.